An annual vulture census has been carried out at seven sites across Cambodia, Recording the second lowest population estimate since records began in 2004.
Two sites, Western Siem Pang and Preah Vihear Protected Forest recorded 97% of the total.
BirdLife has announced the appointment of Patricia Zurita as the new Chief Executive of the BirdLife International Partnership.
Policy makers are paying increasing attention to ecosystem services (the benefits that nature provides, such as clean water and crop pollination), given the importance to peoples’ lives.
08/11/2014 More Recent Articles
- Liberian government prosecutes elephant ivory trader
- Hundreds of thousands of birds accidentally poisoned every year
- Decebal and Darko’s journey across Europe: our Red-breasted Geese successfully reached Siberia!
- Newly born, the Desertas Petrel turns into one of Europe’s conservation challenges: are we ready for it?
- One tenth of bird species flying under the conservation radar