A new study published in the journal Science reveals that, despite some progress, more needs to be done to reach an internationally agreed set of biodiversity targets by 2020. But they are still within reach.
A new online resource, capacityforconservation.org has been launched that aims to support and strengthen conservation organisations and help them to achieve – and sustain – their conservation and organisational development goals.
Biosfera I, a national non-governmental organisation for the protection of the environment in Cape Verde is working hard to save the Cape Verde Shearwater.
09/26/2014 Violence in Malta: BirdLife volunteers attacked by extremists protesting against hunting ban
The ban was imposed by the government in an apparent move to back the designation of Vella as Commissioner for the Environment and try to silence criticisms
10/06/2014 More Recent Articles
- European Medicines Agency must rule on killer drug by November 30. Is Europe closer to saving its vultures and eagles?
- Manuals for empowering Africa’s citzens to conserve migratory birds
- Portugal’s Sagres Birdwatching Festival returns to celebrate migration of soaring birds
- France: LPO takes direct action to liberate poached Ortolans
- Ireland’s new Rural Development Programme comes as a lifeline for farmland birds